Here are 5 best practices to maintain your furnace:
- Schedule regular maintenance: Regular maintenance by a licensed HVAC technician is essential for ensuring your furnace is operating efficiently and safely. The technician will inspect, clean, and tune-up your furnace, which can help prevent breakdowns and extend the lifespan of your system.
- Change air filters regularly: Dirty air filters can reduce airflow and cause your furnace to work harder, which can lead to higher energy bills and more wear and tear on your system. Check your air filter monthly and replace it every 1-3 months, depending on the type of filter and how often you use your furnace.
- Keep the area around the furnace clean: Debris and clutter around your furnace can pose a fire hazard and interfere with proper airflow. Keep the area around your furnace clean and free of flammable materials.
- Check the thermostat settings: Ensure your thermostat is set correctly and functioning properly. A malfunctioning thermostat can cause your furnace to operate inefficiently, leading to higher energy bills and more wear and tear on your system.
- Keep vents and registers clear: Blocked or closed vents and registers can reduce airflow and cause your furnace to work harder, which can lead to higher energy bills and more wear and tear on your system. Ensure all vents and registers are clear and open to allow for proper airflow throughout your home.
At wtech22 Heating and Cooling we provide preventive maintenance and inspection to make sure your HVAC system is operating safely.
Call a heating and cooling technician to inspect your furnace or boiler. Make sure everything checks out.
You can reach us at 475-422-4628 and schedule a visit. Don’t wait till the last minute.